Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Friend Zone

Despite the title of this post, it's not actually about getting friend zoned by that one person you think you're in love with. It's just about hanging out with friends on a Friday night in Odenton, Maryland. Odenton is about 20-30 minutes outside of Baltimore but C. and I have a good friend that resides in O-town and just typing the word "O'Town" has me flashing back to THIS. If you didn't click that link, you're missing out on a lot of spiked hair and denim. And now that I got that out of my system, back to Odenton. We met our homeboy and his girlfriend out for some good ol' Mexican food at a little place called Pachanga Grill and let me tell you.. the tequila was flowing! The food was pretty standard Mexican food but their queso was really good and not at all like the standard cheese dip most Mexican restaurants serve. Also, I had guacamole on my nachos and it was pretty delish! The real hoot was the argument about single margaritas versus ordering a pitcher. Our server told us that a pitcher was approximately 4 margs so after already gulping down 3 margs each, we ordered a pitcher to see just how many it actually was. There was a little more than 4 in a pitcher but certainly not THAT much more. After that many margaritas we were already feeling good but that didn't stop us. If anything, it encouraged more bad behavior like ZJ stealing the wooden spoon from the margarita pitcher (it was returned before we left!) and C. telling the waitress my "tiny tummy" just couldn't handle all the food there. I mean she probably thought we were all crazy. 



So what did we do after leaving Pachanga Grill? We obviously picked up some beer and headed back to ZJ's to continue the party. It was at his place that I learned why Lisa Left Eye Lopez was called "Left Eye." Apparently, she wore a condom on her left eye to promote safe sex. Yep, didn't know that!  It was also where we watched this hilarious video and brought this song back from the grave. There is always something to do in Baltimore because it's such a big city but sometimes you just want to have a ridiculous dinner with some close friends and hang out with the comforts of home and YouTube videos. 



Sidenote: I'm pretty sure I was the only one that didn't wake up with a hangover on Saturday. WINNING! 




No comments:

Post a Comment