Monday, October 21, 2013

Double the Drinks, Double the Fun!

A few of our good friends have been telling us about a local bar nearby called Pub Dog and I suggested we try it out since we were looking for something to do for the football games this past weekend. They have two locations, one in Federal Hill and one in Columbia. Since Columbia is right around the corner from us, that's the location we opted for, but there's no difference in the two except for the geography and probably the age of people that frequent them.
Since our game was a noon game, it wasn't busy at all but they started filling up right around evening time when we rolled out. I'm told they get packed on weekend nights and after trying it out, I can see why. If you're looking for a 5 star dinner and some snooty wine, this isn't the place for you but if you're looking for a good beer (or two!), then pop in. And when I say a beer or two... I mean it. Pub Dog's claim to fame is when you order a beer, they bring you two! "Same time, Same kind" is how they word it on their menus, so don't order 2 different beers unless you want 4 mugs in front of you. This is what they call their "Dog Deal." It is only $4.50 and the beers are all their own, crafted right in house so it's definitely worth it. You aren't just seeing double with the beer either! If you order a water, they bring you 2. If you order a coke, they bring you 2. I think you get the picture by now, but if you've never been or if you weren't expecting it, it sort of throws you off a little. The beers were all pretty good but C. ordered a Raspberry Dog beer his first go-round and I have to say.. YUCKKKK! I'm sure there are some of you out there that would like it, but no one in our group liked it AT ALL. So just be warned. Anywayyyy, I'm sure you're thinking "Wow, they must really be trying to get people hammered if they bring you two beers at a time," but not at all. The trick is you are getting two mugs of beer, but it's not much different than ordering a pint because the mugs are only 8oz. Of course, they have to serve food with all that beer flowing from the taps and what goes better with booze than pizza?! Their menu consists mostly of personal thin crust pizzas and a few appetizers and salads. The pizzas were pretty decent. I had the Cajun Dog Pizza which was pretty good, but it wasn't the best pizza I've ever had. They also have a menu item called a pizza sandwich, where you pick two pizzas and they smash them together to make... well, a pizza sandwich. The atmosphere was a lot of fun (which is why I think most people go here).. we played shuffleboard, met a few nice people and watched the bartenders get drunk. Yeppp, they were drinking beers and taking shots with some of the customers... where do I apply, right?! We also learned that dogs are more than welcome here! And why not? I mean, it is called Pub DOG and all of their beers and pizzas have dog somewhere in the name. The dogs aren't allowed inside, but you can have them outside on the deck and they get served as well. The dogs are served up a bowl of water and dog biscuits. I love restaurants/bars that do this sort of thing because it gives me just one more excuse to take my dogs out with me! I had a really good time and will definitely be back... with my furry friends, of course. :)




A couple of other fun facts:
  • They offer a "Kennel Club" lunch card. It's valid Monday-Saturday 11-3. You receive a "punch" whenever you order a salad or pizza. After 8 punches, the next pizza or salad is free! I have mine and received my first punch this past weekend. :)
  • The Columbia location offers live trivia on Monday nights at 7:30. You can have a team of up to 12 people and you can win cash prizes. Definitely worth checking out of you're closer to the Columbia location! 





No comments:

Post a Comment