Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fiesta... Wednesday?

We have been a one car couple since we moved to Baltimore so meeting in the city for lunch hasn't been an option but now that we finally have two cars, I decided to take advantage! I called up my beau and set a date for noon at a restaurant right across from where he works called Blue Agave!


It's a small Mexican restaurant that we have been wanting to try since we moved here but just never found the time. But boy, am I glad we did! Their daily lunch special was "Choose 2" for $8 and the list to choose from was pretty decent. There were 3 of us lunching (yes, I just used lunch as a verb) together and not one person was unhappy with their order. All 3 of us ordered the Soup of the Day which was Baja Chicken and it was absolutely one of the most delicious soups I've ever had at a Mexican restaurant. The table was full of chips and 4 types of salsa including guacamole. If you know me at all, you know that I am a guac snob. For some reason a lot of places just don't know how to make it very well. It's always too salty, or too watery or too chunky but not here! It is by far one of my favorite guacs anywhere and they bring a lot of it so we ended up taking it home and it is still good several hours later (refridgerate it, of course). Along with my soup, I ordered the Chicken Tacos and WOW. They were SO, SO, SO good. I will definitely be getting them again and from what I took from it, my fiance will be going to lunch there a lot more since he's right across the street. Unfortunately, I didn't get to try their drinks but they sure did sound tasty. Most Mexican restaurants are all the same to me, but I really enjoyed the food here and the openness of the building. We sat indoors but they have large shutter windows that they open on nice days so you can get the fresh air without sitting in the heat outdoors. And normally, I wouldn't have passed up the chance to try a Watermelon Margarita but I knew I was going to be driving all over getting errands done. Safety first, y'all! The next time I go, I'll make sure I hit up Happy Hour and see if it's worth it to pop in for some tequila inspired cocktails. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment